Recipe notes:Low Calorie, low cholesterol, low saturated Fat, low Sodium, high fiber, vegetarian, gluten-Free .
- 4 large apples, cored, each cut into 16 wedges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups light vanilla bean ice cream
- 6 tablespoons caramel topping, from a jar
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Add apples, brown sugar, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium sized microwave-safe dish (with lid).
- Toss the ingredients to coat the apples well. Add lid and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, or until apples are nice and tender.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to 6 ice-cream serving bowls.
- Spoon a serving of the apple mixture around or over each scoop of ice cream and drizzle a tablespoon of caramel topping over the top of each serving.
- Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of toasted sliced almonds in the middle of each for garnish, if desired.
- Serve immediately.