Sinusitis or sinus infection is a condition that affects about 37 million Americans per year. In other words, one in ten individuals receives treatment for this condition at least once a year. Sinus infection causes numerous unpleasant symptoms and affects everyday life.
Doctors usually prescribe medication for this infection, but drugs are even worse than the infection itself. They are packed with chemicals and cause serious side effects. The good news is the fact that you can treat your infection naturally, and you already have the remedy in your kitchen. But, how much do you know about sinus infections and its causes?
Causes and symptoms of sinus infection
It is a condition in which sufferers deal with inflammation of the sinus tissue. Sinuses are normally empty and oxygen flows freely. Clogged sinuses create perfect environment for bacteria, viruses and fungi. That’s how the infection occurs. Sufferers complain of inflammation, swelling and blockage.
There are four types of sinusitis:
- Acute sinusitis is accompanied with cold-like symptoms, and sufferers deal with runny and stuffy nose. The symptoms disappear within 2-4 weeks.
- Subacute sinusitis lasts for 4-8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis is a condition in which the inflammation lasts more than two months.
- Recurrent sinusitis describes a condition in which sufferers treat several infections throughout the year.
The symptoms are more uncomfortable than serious, but can sure develop into something bad if not treated on time. We have listed some of the most common symptoms of sinus infection:
- Swelling of nasal cavities
- Facial pain/pressure
- Nasal discharge
- Loss of smell
- Cough and congestion
- Bad breath
Sinus medication causes side effects
Sinus medication provides a temporary relief, but it cannot reverse the symptoms. Moreover, the drugs can trigger the development of numerous health problems. They are not safe for children or individuals in various risk groups. Here is what sinus medication can give you:
- Upset stomach
- Irregular heartbeat
- Allergy symptoms
- Mood swings
That’s why we suggest that you try alternative therapies and stay away with these synthetic solutions.
Apple cider vinegar treats sinusitis
Apple cider vinegar finds great application in everyday life, and you can also use it to soothe sinus infection. What makes it so powerful? It is all in its nutrients. Apple cider vinegar has the power to clear sinuses and relieve symptoms while boosting your immunity. A healthy immune system will ward off the infection and prevent its recurrence. It is like giving your body an extra hand in its effort to heal itself.
The vinegar offers antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting effect. Try our method, and you will be surprised by its efficacy.
- Combine equal amounts (1/2 cup) of apple cider vinegar and water into a pot.
- Heat up the liquid, and take the pot off the stove.
- Inhale the vapors for 3-5 minutes. Be careful, you need to keep your eyes and mouth shut, and watch out for that hot steam. You do not want to burn yourself.
- Repeat the treatment until your condition improves.
If you do not like this method, feel free to drink the solution. The only difference is that the vapors work almost instantly.
Disclaimer: All information provided on this website is not an alternative to a medical diagnosis or treatments, but is merely informative to the audience. In case you are suffering a medical condition or are taking prescribed meds, consult your medical doctor first before making an individual health decision. The provided website content should not be considered a medical guideline, therefore make sure you seek appropriate medical advice and treatment when and if necessary.