Maintaining the best oral health often always relies on keeping the teeth and gums healthy. When it comes to the gums, there are many dental conditions which can cause a problem. One of the biggest gum issues today is gum recession.
Gum recession is the natural withdrawal of the gum tissue, thus exposing the teeth to more harm. As one of the most common issues in patients. Below, read everything you need to know on gum recession, its causes, symptoms, treatments and more.
What are the Main Causes of Gum Recession?
Some of the leading causes for gum recession include, as follow:
Your genetic structure affects the development of your gums. Studies confirm that over 30% of patients suffering from gum recession have a relative diagnosed with the same issue.
Making the most of brushing your teeth is fine, but when you go too harshly, you risk gum recession. To avoid this, brush your teeth with light and mild-pressure strokes.
Poor Oral Hygiene
One of the main causes of gum recession is bad oral hygiene. To prevent this from happening, make sure to brush and floss your teeth daily and visit your dentists in time.
The gums can begin to recede, as a result of a hormonal disturbance in the body. This is usually common for women going through their periods, pregnant women and teenagers as well.
Gum recession can occur as a result of a bacteria or inflammation in the mouth. This is easily prevented by maintaining great oral hygiene and care.
10 Effective Remedies for Gum Recession
Here are some of the best ways to prevent gum recession:
- Sea Salt and Water GargleAvoid gum recession and inflammation and mix warm water and some sea salt and use it as a gargle. For best results, gargle 2-3 times a day.
- Sesame Oil GargleA sesame seed oil rinse is a great way to prevent gum recession. Take one tablespoon of sesame seed oil and rinse for 15 minutes. Spit it out and rinse mouth with cool water. Proceed with this treatment for a month.
- Chamomile TeaDue to its antiseptic properties, chamomile tea can keep gum recession at bay. Mix 2-3 tsp. Of the tea mix with hot water. Let it steep for 10 minutes, then strain it well. Gargle for as often as you need to.
- Tea Tree OilAnother great oil that prevents gum recession is tea tree oil. Along with gum recession, the oil also prevents other conditions, like gum bleeding and gingivitis. For best use, mix 1-2 drops of tea tree oil with your toothpaste or use it on its own. Brush twice a day and keep it going for a month.
- Coconut OilMix two tablespoons of coconut oil and baking soda and rinse the mouth with this solution. You can also use this instead of a regular toothpaste or anti-bacterial liquid.
- Myrrh MixGreat for eliminating gum recession, Myrrh especially helps in cases of gum soreness and inflammation. Mix 10-12 drops of myrrh tincture with a cup of lukewarm water. Rinse the mouth and brush your teeth as per regular after.
- Cranberry JuiceRich in vitamin C, cranberry juice keeps the gums in good shape. It is also amazing with eliminating infections and preventing periodontal diseases. Drink organic cranberry juice daily and swish it around the mouth to eliminate bacteria in the mouth.
- Green TeaThe Japanese used green tea for many medical necessities, including gum recession prevention. What is more, studies keep acknowledging green tea’s magnificent anti-inflammatory and healing benefits.For best results, drink it daily, as it also harvests many more health benefits.
- SeptilinAnother Ayurvedic remedy which helps prevent gum recession. Septilin enhances your immunity and successfully eliminates inflammation, which can cause gum recession.
- FlossingKnown to the public, flossing is just as important as everything else we listed. Flossing keeps food away from the gums, so it doesn’t form plaque. As mentioned, insufficient oral hygiene is a direct cause for gum recession, so pick up on that flossing, starting tonight!